Portugal



Monday, July 03, 2006



Ronaldo: no rift with Rooney

'Between the two of us everything has been cleared'
There has been talk that Wayne Rooney plans to "split Cristiano Ronaldo in two" when he next sees him after the Portugal winger's apparent involvement in the red card Rooney was shown as Portugal defeated England in the World Cup quarter-final on Saturday. But Ronaldo himself says there is no ill feeling between the pair - Manchester United team-mates - and that they have been in contact since the end of the match.
Despite some reports suggesting the Portuguese star would be forced to leave United because of the bust-up, which flared after Rooney stamped on Ricardo Carvalho during the match, Ronaldo insists the air has been well and truly cleared.
"The things that have been said regarding me and my team-mate and friend Rooney are incredible," he said. "Between me and Rooney, there is absolutely no problem. I reiterate, no problem. At the end of the game, we sent each other some text messages and also today.
"Between the two of us everything has been cleared. He wished me the best of luck in the World Cup. He told me we had a great team and that if we continued to play like this, we would go far. He wasn't angry with me and moreover, he told me to completely ignore what the English press has said, that all they wanted was to create confusion but we are already used to that."
As well as shrugging off suggestions that he was responsible for the red card shown to Rooney, saying, "I am not a referee," Ronaldo has played-down talk that he is keen to leave United for Real Madrid.
"There have been comments published in which I reportedly said that I didn't want to go back to Manchester United," he said. "That is completely false, of course I want to go back. It's just typical of the English press but I don't lose any sleep."

Posted by Samvit :: 9:49 AM :: 0 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------